- A really good “lessons-learned” piece by Trisha Mead, Marketing and Communications Director for Oregon Ballet Theatre, on turning your press pitch from good to great
- Congratulations to Philip Akin, Artistic Director of Obsidian Theatre Company, who received the Mallory Gilbert Leadership Award (PDF) from the PACT Communications Centre and Toronto’s Tarragon Theatre.
- Part of the $5000 award includes $1000 to a protégée named by the recipient; Philip chose Mumbi Tindyebwa Otu who—among her many accomplishments—is currently training in directing with Ross Manson through a Professional Theatre Training Program grant
- Congratulations to Naomi Campbell, recipient in the Theatre Category of the Victor Martyn Lynch-Staunton Award from the Canada Council
- One week left to get in your applications to undercurrents at Great Canadian Theatre Company in Ottawa
Remember, you can also catch up on our news every month by email. Catch up on our archives online: the June issue is now available.
(And since next Friday is our national birthday party, we’ll see you in two weeks for a 14 Days catch-up...)
Assembled by Brandon Moore, Communications Coordinator