by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
- Cole Alvis (an alum of our Professional Theatre Training Program) and Falen Johnson describe their process programming Soulpepper Theatre’s Guswenta Gathering, and “clearing a path for Indigenous artists.” (From Intermission)
- Andrew Taylor observes that arts organizations don’t really have missions—it’s the missions that come before the organizations. (From The Artful Manager)
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
|Tom Hendry is heading out to his namesake awards|
from Playwrights Guild of Canada
- The Ontario Arts Council is hosting a “Cross-Province Check-in” to answer questions about OAC funding and future plans to support Ontario’s arts sector. Sessions are being held in 16 communities across the province.
- Playwrights Guild of Canada’s Tom Hendry Awards on Sunday night are “sold” out—but they do have a waiting list for cancellations.
- As St. Marys Community Players prepares for their opening of Man of La Mancha, their props master Ray Doerksen shared some of their prop-making work.
- Sad to hear of the passing of Paulette Gagnon, a former Executive Director of the Association des theaters francophones du Canada.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program, featuring training in sound design, puppetry, directing, artistic direction, and creation/dramaturgy.
- Emergence: Inspiring the Next Generation of Theatre-Makers in Ontario, from our Youth Advisory Committee.
- ONstage Openings this week in Morrisburg, Ottawa, Perth, Constance Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Thunder Bay, Port Perry, Beaverton, Richmond Hill, London, Hamilton, St. Marys, Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Peterborough.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, webinars, calls for submissions and proposals, grant deadlines, and more.