Upcoming opportunities for theatre artists from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Thinking of using music in your performance or creating a musical revue? Know your music rights (and responsibilities) for theatre! Join us at our “Music Rights for Theatre” live webinar (free for members) with Jason Abdool (SOCAN) and Phil Laffin (ReSound) on October 30.
- Learn strategies that can help turn what could be a strained, forced, or distant relationship to an intense and fruitful collaboration. Join us at our “Director-Dramaturge Collaborations” workshop with Matt McGeachy on November 1.
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on November 4 in Toronto.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” free pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council available on November 6.
- Answers to your FAQs about the business of acting—join us at our “Launching Your Career” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and guest TBA on November 15 in Toronto.
Theatre Ontario's "Launching Your Career" workshop
- Learn necessary skills to produce creative works, in a one-day session! Join us at our “Master Class for Success” creator boot camp featuring workshops on fundraising, project management tools, financial basics, and planning, on November 18 in Toronto.
- Learn how to better utilize your networks towards achieving goals. Join us at our “Leveraging Your Network” workshop with Margaret Lam on November 22 in Toronto.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation “Capital Grants” program is today.
- Deadline for submissions for Ottawa Little Theatre’s National One-Act Playwriting Competition is October 31.
- Deadline for proposals for SPARC’s Symposium for Performing Arts in Rural Communities is October 31.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Arts Council’s Chalmers Professional Development Projects; Compass; Indigenous Culture Fund Project Grants for Organizations; Indigenous Culture Fund Project Grants for Individuals, Youth Councils, Collectives, and Ad Hoc Groups; National and International Residency Projects; and Theatre Organizations: Operating (summer theatres only) is November 1.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website