by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
- Three actors who have played Sir John A. Macdonald (Martin Julien, Shawn Doyle, and Richard Clarkin) had a conversation on Intermission to discuss their approaches to the role.
- Laura Milke-Garner advocates on ArtsHub about the importance of independent producers for independent artists.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
|Lighthouse Festival Theatre is giving away seats|
- Introducing the Ellen Ross Stuart Opening Doors Award, a new multi-year award to empower young writers to actively engage in their craft in association with Tarragon Theatre, Hart House Theatre, and the Blyth Festival.
- The Association of Community Theatres—Central Ontario opens their 2017/18 Festival today (October 13), running until March 24.
- The Eastern Ontario Drama League has announced their lineup of nine plays for their One-Act Festival, running November 3 to 5 in Constance Bay.
- Intermission announced that Lynn Slotkin will be their new theatre critic.
- Lighthouse Festival Theatre in Port Dover is giving away 350 theatre seats in “almost excellent” condition. They are available for pick up first week of January 2018. They would like to give them all to one theatre, but will consider splitting them if more than one theatre is interested in taking 100 or more. For more details, please contact Helen Wagenaar at Lighthouse Festival Theatre.
- ... to the nominees for the Capital Critics’ Circle Awards for Ottawa professional and community theatre.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from the Summer Theatre Intensive: Michelle Cho’s experience “Sharpening Your Actor’s Tool Kit” with Tom Diamond.
- ONstage Openings this week in Toronto, Port Hope, Morrisburg, Belleville, Smiths Falls, Cambridge and Woodstock.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, webinars, grant deadlines, and more.