by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
|The Veil at Toronto Irish Players|
- The high-school theatre Ontario Drama Festival announced this week that they are joining forces with the National Theatre School and IATSE to secure the immediate future of the Festival, with NTS gradually taking over administration of the Festival.
- Our Trial Adjudication program makes a cameo appearance in this Toronto Community Theatre Blog review of The Veil at Toronto Irish Players.
- The Western Ontario Drama League’s Festival adjudication schedule is now available.
- The final Ontario Fringe Festival of the year opens next week on October 12: the Guelph Fringe Festival.
- ... to all of the nominees for the Prix Rideau Awards in Ottawa, with a special shout-out to Norah Paton from our Youth Advisory Committee who was nominated for “Outstanding New Creation.”
- ... to the shortlist for the Playwrights Guild of Canada’s Tom Hendry Awards, including Kristen Da Silva, one of our Summer Theatre Intensive 2017 Playwrights-in-Person.
- ... to the shortlist for the Governor General’s Literary Awards for English-language Drama, four of which are published by our longtime Festival partner Playwrights Canada Press.
- ... to the finalists for the Premier’s Awards for Excellence in the Arts, including d’bi young antifrika for artist, Sashoya Simpson for emerging artist, and Young People’s Theatre and The Theatre Centre for arts organization.