Upcoming opportunities for theatre artists from us, from our members, and from other arts service organizations
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Professional development and networking for adjudicators—join us at our “Adjudicators Symposium” on October 14 in Toronto.
- Seeking financial support for programs that deliver accessible training to young people (age 14 to 21) led by professional theatre artists? Apply to our Youth Theatre Training Program. The application deadline is October 16.
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of writing an engaging ten-minute play. Join us at our “Perfect 10: How to Write a 10-Minute Play” free live webinar on October 17.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready Set Show!: Foundation of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and guest Kevin Matthew Wong on October 18 in Toronto.
"Ready Set Show! Foundations of Indie Producing" workshop
- Learn some important tricks of the trade so that you can get your theatre career on track! Join us at our “Take Control of Your Career” boot camp featuring workshops on building your brand, creating epic social media visuals, contract law, and Ask an Agent, on October 21 in Toronto.
- Tell me what you ate and I’ll tell you how well you’ll perform. Join us at our “Enhance Your Stage Presence: A Nutritional Guide for Performers” workshop with Gillian Ferrier on October 24 in Toronto.
- Does your Theatre for Young Audiences show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools” pre-recorded webinar with Patty Jarvis on October 25.
- Thinking of using music in your performance or creating a musical revue? Know your music rights (and responsibilities) for theatre! Join us at our “Music Rights for Theatre” live webinar (free for members) with Jason Abdool (SOCAN) and Phil Laffin (ReSound) on October 30.
- Learn strategies that can help turn what could be a strained, forced, or distant relationship to an intense and fruitful collaboration. Join us at our “Director-Dramaturge Collaborations” workshop with Matt McGeachy on November 1.
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on November 4 in Toronto.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” free pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council available on November 6.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Work In Culture’s “Take the Lead: Principles for Administrative Leadership in the Arts” is on October 12 and 13 in Toronto.
- “From Schtick to Script: Original Sitcom Pilot Writing Intensive” with Daniela Saioni begins on October 14 in Toronto.
- Shaw Festival’s “Grown Up Theatre Club” for adults begins October 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Deadline for Ontario Arts Council “Multi and Inter-Arts Projects” and “Skills and Career Development: Indigenous Arts Professionals and Arts Professionals of Colour” is October 17.
- Great Canadian Theatre Company’s next “The Hive @ GCTC” workshop for students is on “Lighting Design” on October 18 in Ottawa.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website