by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
- Examining issues of consent when it comes to immersive theatre—especially when staging intimacy, from the Independent.
- “The story of reconciliation is still to be written and the arts can play an important role. Let’s just make sure we get it right this time.” From Sara Roque and Ontarians for the Arts.
- HowlRound ran a series this week exploring “Decolonizing Theatre”—in text, in the creation process, and in the theatre ecosystem.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- The opening night of the Stratford Festival season was cancelled due to a bomb threat and theatre evacuation, as reported by J. Kelly Nestruck for the Globe and Mail. (The photo of Martha Henry evacuating was taken by Rodrigo Beilfuss / @RBeilfuss)
- Hart House Theatre shared their audition tips for making the most of your experience.
- Northumberland Players in Cobourg announced their 18/19 season.
- ... to producer Sue Balint, recipient of the Leonard McHardy and John Harvey Award for Leadership in Administration from the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts.
- ... and to all of the nominees for the 17/18 Dora Mavor Moore Awards.
In Case You Missed It
- A Summer Reading List recommended by our Youth Advisory Committee.
- Welcome to our new Board members, elected to terms for 2018 to 2020.
- ONstage Openings this week in Stratford, Waterloo, Port Dover, Blyth, Toronto, Port Hope, Cookstown, Owen Sound, Cobourg, Belleville, Ottawa, and North Bay.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including courses, webinars, workshops, webinars, scholarship deadlines, and more.