by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
|Tom Rooney in Tartuffe at Stratford Festival.|
Photo by Cylla von Tiedemann.
- Christine Horne had a conversation with Tom Rooney—currently appearing in three shows at the Stratford Festival—and they share some interesting observations on the craft of acting, especially as it relates to "iconic" roles (from Intermission.)
- When we ran Youth Summer Courses, stage combat with Daniel Levinson was always one of the most popular classes in the week. Jamie MacPherson explores the difference between teaching young people how to fight, and how to tell a story with their body.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from Our Summer Theatre Intensive: Telling Our Important Stories from Shelley M. Hobbs.
- Welcome to our New Board Members, Brenda Barr-Worsnop and Annie MacKay.
- ONstage Openings this week in Richmond Hill, Burlington, Port Dover, Toronto, Gravenhurst, and Ottawa.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board: Emergence, from our Youth Advisory Committee, and other training and grant opportunities.