Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Seeking financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor? Apply to our Professional Theatre Training Program. The application deadline is October 2.
- Are you stressed about your finances and do your artistic projects make it even harder to stay on top of it all? Join us at our “smART Money: Personal Finances for Artists” workshop with Natasha Mytnowych on October 3 in Toronto.
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on October 7 in Toronto.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” free pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council available on October 9.
- Professional development and networking for adjudicators—join us at our “Adjudicators Symposium” on October 14 in Toronto.
- Seeking financial support for programs that deliver accessible training to young people (age 14 to 21) led by professional theatre artists? Apply to our Youth Theatre Training Program. The application deadline is October 16.
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of writing an engaging ten-minute play. Join us at our “Perfect 10: How to Write a 10-Minute Play” free live webinar on October 17.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready Set Show!: Foundation of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and guest Kevin Matthew Wong on October 18 in Toronto.
- Learn some important tricks of the trade so that you can get your theatre career on track! Join us at our “Take Control of Your Career” boot camp featuring workshops on building your brand, creating epic social media visuals, contract law, and Ask an Agent, on October 21 in Toronto.
- Tell me what you ate and I’ll tell you how well you’ll perform. Join us at our “Enhance Your Stage Presence: A Nutritional Guide for Performers” workshop with Gillian Ferrier on October 24 in Toronto.
- Does your Theatre for Young Audiences show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools” pre-recorded webinar with Patty Jarvis on October 25.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
|Hive @ GCTC workshops|
Theatre Criticism in the Digital Age is on September 27
- Shaw Festival’s “Play by Play” audience experience starts September 27.
- Great Canadian Theatre Company’s Hive @ GCTC workshop for high school and university students on “Theatre Criticism in the Digital Age” is on September 27 in Ottawa.
- The MT Space’s #SURVIVE_RESIST_CREATE conference in Kitchener begins September 28; their Youth Conference begins October 1.
- Deadline for submissions for Canada Council for the Arts’ John Hirsch Prize for new and developing theatre directors is October 2.
- Deadline to apply for Paprika Festival's youth training programs is October 3.
- Deadline to register to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Capital Grants is October 4 (for the October 25 deadline.)
- Ontario Arts Council grant deadlines for “Deaf and Disability Arts Projects”, “Jets de théâtre – projets” and “Touring Projects” is October 5.
- Deadline for directors to apply for Alumnae Theatre’s New Ideas Festival 2018 (non-paying) is October 5.
- Deadline for submissions for Soulpepper’s Ontario Arts Council Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators is October 6.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Great Canadian Theatre Company invites submissions for their Ontario Arts Council Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators Program. Funding priorities are playwrights and collectives based in, or who originate from, Ottawa and the National Capital Region, and work that “provokes examination of Canadian life and our place in the world.” The deadline is December 1.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website