|ONstage Now Playing in Toronto|
Calpurnia from Nightwood Theatre
Andrew Moodie, Don Allison
Photo by Dahlia Katz
- In Conversation with Audrey Dwyer – playwright and director of Calpurnia from Nightwood Theatre – discussing race, allyship, and “how the past informs the present” in In the Greenroom.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- After the local Thames Valley District and London District Catholic School Boards pulled their funding, the community stepped up to fund The Grand Theatre’s High School Project performance of Prom Queen—leading to two extra student matinee performances. Thames Valley DSB later restored their funding but London District CSB has not changed its stance.
- Before the #MeToo movement had “sprang up in its current form”, Classic Theatre Festival in Perth was already planning on a play to explore what constitutes healthy relationships in their “Listen Up!” series.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program – featuring training projects in directing and designing, artistic direction, producing, and teaching Pure Movement.
- Stories from Next Generation Showcase – “Sharing Passion for Performance” from Rachel Kennedy.
- ONstage Openings this week in Toronto, Oakville, Aurora, Waterloo, and Guelph.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including award deadlines, workshops, recorded webinars, grant deadlines, and more.