Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
|Theatre Ontario's "Writing Theatre Reviews|
for Online Publications" workshop
- Deadline for nominations for the Michael Spence Award, honouring outstanding contributions to community theatre in Southwestern Ontario is January 31.
- Early-bird ticket prices for Theatre Ontario Festival 2018 in London are available until January 31.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” free pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council available on February 6.
- Learn the skills necessary to be a successful and sought-after reviewer, critic, blogger and writer of theatre. Join us at our “Writing Theatre Reviews for Online Publications” workshop with Lynn Slotkin on February 7 in Toronto.
- Have questions related to filing your tax return? Join us at our “Taxes for Theatre Artists” workshop with Sam Marinucci on February 21 in Toronto.
- Learn the techniques and the language to stage human sexuality in a way that is professional, dynamic and focused on storytelling at our “Intimacy for the Stage for Directors” workshop with Siobhan Richardson on February 24 in Toronto.
- Want to know the secrets of a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on February 24 in Toronto.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- ArtsBuild Ontario is hosting a Creative Space Rentals workshop on January 25 in Hamilton.
- Jumblies is hosting its next Artfare Essentials intensive for artists interested in understanding principles and practice of community-engaged artists beginning January 26 in Toronto.
- Deadline for submissions of 10-minute plays for Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre’s March Madness is January 31.
- Deadline for organizations to register to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation Seed Grants is January 31.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council’s Theatre Projects grants is February 1.
New on The Bulletin Board
- London Community Players is launching their “New Stage” workshop series on theatre fundamentals for adults new to the stage, beginning February 4.
- Great Canadian Theatre Company invites applications for the Shannon Reynolds Memorial Endowment Fund Internship, from Canadian artists who self-represents as female, is based in the National Capital Region, and seeks a paid, mentored theatrical internships in an area of theatre design. The deadline is February 16.
- SuperCrawl in Hamilton invites submissions from theatre artists for SuperCrawl 2018—an annual outdoor art and music festival featuring creative, compelling and unique environments and experiences for festival-goers. The deadline is February 16.
- Thatz Showbiz invites applications from aspiring theatre artists aged 13-18 for their free “3 Plays in 30 Days” project. The deadline is May 1.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website