It's a week after Next Generation Showcase, and starting next we'll have some of the stories from the event. We start with a big thank-you to our volunteers, our supporters, and our staff.
- The video playlist from Generator’s “Who Is a Monster” Urgent Exchange from January 6 are now available on their new YouTube channel.
- Intermission shared their 10 most popular articles from 2017. Of interest, the Top 2 both deal with boundaries in theatre.
- Holly L. Derr writes about “Greenturgy”—“excavating environmental concerns embedded in the dramatic canon and new works, using stories to reconnect people to their physical world.” (from HowlRound)
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Mitchell Marcus reflects on A Year in Review for The Musical Stage Company in Toronto.
- Daiene Vernile, MPP for Kitchener Centre, is the new Ontario Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport. (Eleanor McMahon has moved on to become President of the Treasury Board and Minister Responsible for Digital Government.)
- Keith Jackson is the new General Manager of A Company of Fools in Ottawa.
In Case You Missed It
- Canadian live performance arts representatives held an anti-harassment roundtable, and released a public statement.
- Meet our Youth Advisory Committee for 2018.
- ONstage Openings this week in London, Toronto, Cobourg, Peterborough, Ottawa, Kingston, Richmond Hill, and Mississauga—and with many more shows now playing in communities across Ontario.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, webinars, calls for award nomination deadlines, and more.