Workshops from Theatre Ontario
- Under New Management: Transitioning to the New Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act and Ontario’s Not-For-Profit Corporations Act, 2010, with Sarah Farrell, on May 28 at 2:00pm in Toronto – Do you know how the new not-for-profit corporation acts are going to affect your theatre company? With new laws for both provincially-incorporated and federally-incorporated not-for-profits, theatres may find they need new letters patent, supplementary letters patent, and by-laws, and may have other significant administrative requirements to meet.
- Self-Start: The Basics of Producing, with Tim Chapman, on June 5 at 2:00pm in Toronto – If you want to do a show but have never produced professionally before, and if you want to know what questions to ask first, this session is for you! Self-Start is a practical seminar facilitated by Tim Chapman, Professional Theatre Coordinator.
- NEW – Smart Marketing, with Cheryl Ewing, on June 15 at 9:30am in Toronto – What do people expect from their night at the theatre? How can you help them to meet their expectations? How do you use your existing audience to help you find a new audience? Our instructor will answer these questions and more. By guiding you through a review of what you are currently doing, Cheryl will help you adapt your marketing to the new reality – a world where we are increasingly crunched for time, bombarded with messages, and feeling isolated.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Toronto Arts Council and Tarragon Theatre are hosting a grant writing workshop for playwrights on May 29, registration deadline is May 22
- The Toronto Fringe Festival invites applications for the Next Stage Festival, open to artists who have previously participated in any CAFF member festivals, seeking to move beyond the summer production model and showcase their work to a wider audience; application deadline is May 24
- Puppetmongers Fresh Ideas in Puppetry mini-conference and festival is on May 26
- Aluna Theatre’s next free Aluna Café is on May 27 in Oakville and will explore The Orgy by Colombian playwright Enrique Buenaventura
- The Toronto Fringe Festival invites applications to join the 100—a professional development, mentorship, arts immersion and networking opportunity for emerging artists; application deadline is June 6
- Nightwood Theatre in Toronto is holding an Audition Technique Masterclass with Kelly Thornton on June 11 and June 12