Workshops from Theatre Ontario
- Under New Management: Transitioning to the New Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act and Ontario’s Not-For-Profit Corporations Act, 2010, with Sarah Farrell, on May 28 at 2:00pm in Toronto – Do you know how the new not-for-profit corporation acts are going to affect your theatre company? With new laws for both provincially-incorporated and federally-incorporated not-for-profits, theatres may find they need new letters patent, supplementary letters patent, and by-laws, and may have other significant administrative requirements to meet.
- Self-Start: The Basics of Producing, with Tim Chapman, on June 5 at 2:00pm in Toronto – If you want to do a show but have never produced professionally before, and if you want to know what questions to ask first, this session is for you! Self-Start is a practical seminar facilitated by Tim Chapman, Professional Theatre Coordinator.
- Business Basics: An Introduction to Planning for Artists, with Diane Davy, on June 11 at 3:00pm in Toronto – Planning your work & working your plan! Your plan is your future, and whether you are a theatre company or an individual artist-entrepreneur, you will benefit by developing a clear business plan for your organization or your career.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Nominations for the Patrick Conner Award from Theatre Rusticle, honouring individuals in the areas of the performing arts and sustainable/green living, are due today
- Nominations for Ottawa Little Theatre’s Cornerstone Project, honouring outstanding past volunteers, are also due today
- Playwrights Guild of Canada’s Lyric Writing for Theatre workshop for individuals interested in the basic principles of writing lyrics for theatre starts May 21
- Toronto Arts Council and Tarragon Theatre are hosting a grant writing workshop for playwrights on May 29, registration deadline is May 22
- Aluna Theatre’s next free Aluna Café is on May 27 in Oakville and will explore The Orgy by Colombian playwright Enrique Buenaventura
- Great Canadian Theatre Company is now inviting submissions for undercurrents 2014, showcasing the best independent theatre from Ottawa and across the country. Submission deadline is July 5