|Buddies in Bad Times Theatre's Long Table|
- Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is hosting a Long Table in Toronto on March 4 on “Free Speech and Accountability.” The provocation for the table will be: “Within our diverse, evolving and intergenerational queer and artistic communities, how do we engage with the tension between freedom of speech and accountability, dissent and respect?”
- “So let’s stop the “talk” about more representation on our stages and in our industry and let’s just do it.” – from Akosua Amo-Adem in Intermission, in rehearsal for School Girls; Or The African Mean Girls Play opening in Toronto.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- The line-up for the Western Ontario Drama League Festival in celebration of community theatre in southwestern Ontario has been announced.
- WODL Festival hosts Guelph Little Theatre were awarded an Ontario Trillium Foundation grant in support of upgrading their main stage and lighting system.
- Soulpepper Theatre in Toronto announced their 2019 Summer/Fall season.
- Marjorie Chan is leaving as Artistic Director of Cahoots Theatre in Toronto.
- Clayton Lee is the new Rhubarb Festival Director at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre in Toronto.
- David Abel is the new Managing Director of the National Arts Centre—English Theatre in Ottawa.
- Franco Boni is leaving The Theatre Centre in Toronto to become Artistic and Executive Director of PuSh International Performing Arts Festival.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from our Professional Theatre Training Program in production management, directing, and projection design.
- Stories from our Professional Theatre Training Program in administration, lighting design, and artistic direction.
- ONstage Openings this week in Aurora, Toronto, Ottawa, Milford, Sault Ste. Marie, and Sudbury.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, courses, grant deadlines, volunteer opportunities, and more.