by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
|Gertrude and Alice at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre in Toronto|
- When Buddies in Bad Times Theatre in Toronto decided to bring Gertrude and Alice back to the stage, they decided to take advantage of “the rare and wonderful opportunity to continue the creative process, rather than simply reproduce what had been done the last time.”
- “Performing and Parenting” was a great series that ran in Intermission back in 2016—having seen more than one conversation on the topic pop-up recently on social media (stimulated by a recent article on HowlRound), I thought it would worthwhile to share it again.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- The Ontario Arts Council has issued new policies on alternative services for applicants with accessibility needs, including Deaf persons and persons with disabilities, people with limited internet access, and Indigenous persons who wish to submit an oral application.
- Drayton Entertainment has announced their 2019 season for their venues across the province.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from our Summer Theatre Intensive: Robin Bennett continues to find new things to learn after thirteen years of attending the summer courses.
- ONstage Openings this week in Richmond Hill, Burlington, Grand Bend, St. Jacobs, Toronto, Gravenhurst, Penetanguishene, and Ottawa.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, professional development events, job postings, grant deadlines, public readings, calls for artist residencies, and more.