Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Learn about the background and impetus behind the Intimacy for the Stage initiative at our free “What is Intimacy for the Stage?” recorded webinar with Siobhan Richardson, available on September 12.
- Donate in support of your favourite team and Theatre Ontario at our 3rd Annual Bowl-a-Thon on September 15.
- Answers to your FAQs about the business of acting—join us at our “Launching Your Career” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and guest Carly Chamberlain on September 19 in Toronto.
- Professional development and networking for adjudicators of all experience levels—join us at our Adjudicators Symposium on September 22 in Toronto.
Adjudication at Theatre Ontario Festival
Our Adjudicators Symposium is on Sep 22
- Promote your performance to your audience—Join us at our “Marketing on a Dime” workshop with Izad Etemadi on September 24 in Toronto.
- Learn the techniques and the language to stage human sexuality in a way that is professional, dynamic and focused on storytelling at our “Intimacy for the Stage” workshop with Siobhan Richardson on September 29 in Toronto.
- Do you need financial support for professional mentorship in your career? Seeking funding for that career-changing/career-accelerating opportunity? The deadline for our Professional Theatre Training Program is October 1.
- What does an agent do and why should you have one? Join us for our “Ask an Agent” workshop with Michael L. Jackson on October 1 in Toronto.
- Preparing an Ontario Arts Council application? Get the inside scoop at our free Grant Writing Information recorded webinar with Pat Bradley, available on October 2.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for submissions of scripts and proposals for Alumnae Theatre’s New Ideas Festival in Toronto is today.
- Deadline to register for Young People’s Theatre’s “Artist Educators Training” is September 7.
- Deadline to apply to the National Theatre School’s call for submissions for Artistic Leadership Residencies is September 11.
- Deadline to apply to the Ontario Arts Council’s Artists in Communities and Schools Projects grant is September 13.
- Port Stanley Festival Theatre’s Playwrights Festival of free public readings, part of their new play development program, is on September 14 and 15.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Thousand Islands Playhouse now invites submissions for their Ontario Arts Council Recommender Grant, with funding priorities to artists originating in Eastern Ontario, and exploring the history of their region or dealing with themes relevant to their community. The deadline is October 5.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website