Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Could Theatre Ontario be your next professional challenge? We are seeking an Executive Director and applications are due on September 28.
- Do you need financial support for professional mentorship in your career? Seeking funding for that career-changing/career-accelerating opportunity? The deadline for applications for our Professional Theatre Training Program is October 1.
- What does an agent do and why should you have one? Join us at our “Ask an Agent” workshop with Michael L. Jackson on October 1 in Toronto.
- Preparing an Ontario Arts Council application? Get the inside scoop at our free Grant Writing Information recorded webinar with Pat Bradley, available on October 2.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and Andrea Scott on October 10 in Toronto.
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on October 13 in Toronto.
- Does your organization want to undertake an accessible, unique youth training project, led by professional theatre artists? The deadline for applications for our Youth Theatre Training Program is October 15.
- Discussion, mentorship and connections for youth, by youth—join us at “Emergence 2.0” from our Youth Advisory Committee on October 15 in Toronto.
- Does your Theatre for Young Audiences show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools” workshop with Tim Whalley of Prologue to the Performing Arts on October 15 via live webinar.
- Need help developing your long-term career goals? Join us at our “Propel Your Professional Career Forward” workshop with Vera N. Held on October 20 in Toronto.
- Are you stressed about your finances, juggling your bills and watching your debts creep larger and larger? Do your artistic projects make it even harder to stay on top of it all? Join us at our “Smart Money: Personal Finances for Artists” workshop with Natasha Mytnowych on October 22 in Toronto.
- Learn how to write a 10-minute play at our “Perfect 10” webinar with Dominik Loncar on October 24, via live webinar.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
|ONstage Now Playing in Eastern Ontario|
Shirley Valentine at Thousand Islands Playhouse (Gananoque)
Photo by Randy deKleine-Stimpson
The deadline for Thousand Islands Playhouse OAC
Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators is October 5.
- The Shaw Festival’s “Play by Play” event for theatre lovers begins today in Niagara-on-the-Lake, while their “WW1 Weekend” in partnership with the Niagara Historical Society and Museums and Parks Canada begins September 29.
- The Shaw Festival’s next Scene Study Sunday is on September 30.
- Deadline for applications for the Ontario Arts Council’s Théâtre – projets francophones is October 3.
- Deadline for applications for Thousand Islands Playhouse’s OAC Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators is October 5.
- Deadline for applications for Alumnae Theatre’s call for directors (community theatre non-paying) is October 5.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website