Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Professional development and networking for adjudicators of all experience levels—join us at our Adjudicators Symposium on September 22 in Toronto.
- Promote your performance to your audience—Join us at our “Marketing on a Dime” workshop with Izad Etemadi on September 24 in Toronto.
- Could Theatre Ontario be your next professional challenge? We are seeking an Executive Director and applications are due on September 28.
- Learn the techniques and the language to stage human sexuality in a way that is professional, dynamic and focused on storytelling at our “Intimacy for the Stage” workshop with Siobhan Richardson (of Intimacy Directors International) on September 29 in Toronto.
- Do you need financial support for professional mentorship in your career? Seeking funding for that career-changing/career-accelerating opportunity? The deadline for applications for our Professional Theatre Training Program is October 1.
- What does an agent do and why should you have one? Join us at our “Ask an Agent” workshop with Michael L. Jackson on October 1 in Toronto.
- Preparing an Ontario Arts Council application? Get the inside scoop at our free Grant Writing Information recorded webinar with Pat Bradley, available on October 2.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and Andrea Scott on October 10 in Toronto.
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on October 13 in Toronto.
- Does your organization want to undertake an accessible, unique youth training project, led by professional theatre artists? The deadline for applications for our Youth Theatre Training Program is October 15.
- Discussion, mentorship and connections for youth, by youth—join us at “Emergence 2.0” from our Youth Advisory Committee on October 15 in Toronto.
- Does your Theatre for Young Audiences show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools” workshop with Tim Whalley of Prologue to the Performing Arts on October 15 via live webinar.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
|Shaw Festival's Play by Play|
- Deadline to apply to the Ontario Arts Council’s Indigenous Arts Projects and Ontario Arts Presenters Projects is today.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation Capital Grants is today.
- The Shaw Festival’s “Play by Play” event for theatre lovers begins September 26 in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Grey Wellington Theatre Guild and SPARC – Supporting Performing Arts in Rural Communities – are hosting a “Regional Hub Mini-Symposium” community event in Harriston. Register by October 8 for the October 20 event.
- Jumblies Theatre in Toronto is hosting their next Artfare Essentials training beginning October 28.
- The 2019 AITA/IATA International Amateur Theatre Festival will be held in Saint John, New Brunswick from August 26 to September 1. The deadline for submissions is October 31, and the theme of the festival is Diversity.
- South Simcoe Theatre in Cookstown is seeking submissions of new plays for their Four Play: A Showcase of Play Readings series. The deadline is November 30.
- Great Canadian Theatre Company invites submissions for their OAC Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators; their funding priorities are playwrights and collectives based in, or who originate from, Ottawa and the National Capital Region. The deadline is December 7.
- The MT Space invites submissions for their OAC Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators; their funding priorities are collectives / projects that will be developed by collectives; and creators who are working on non-script based physical forms. The deadline is December 7.
- Theatre Direct invites submissions for their OAC Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators; their funding priority is work aimed at young audiences, in its early stages of research and development. The deadline is December 17.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website