by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
|After the Blackout ensemble|
Photo by Elias Campbell
- Prince Amponsah, one of the cast members of After the Blackout (opening at Soulpepper Theatre) wrote in Intermission about the representation of artists with disabilities on stage.
- Nicole Serratore defended “Brand Name Art” – like the multi-Tony nominated SpongeBob SquarePants: The Musical – for exeunt New York City.
- Rachel Bykowski wrote for HowlRound about the “body-shaming” epidemic plaguing collegiate theatre programs.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- In our latest Theatre Ontario Festival 2018 video, Festival Co-Stage Manager Mark Mooney walks you through the load-in and set-up that the four participating companies will be going through at Festival.
- The Londoner has also profiled our Festival celebrating the “Bedrock of Theatre.”
- Jennifer Walls will be directing for the first time at Hart House Theatre next season for their production of Heathers: The Musical.
- Season announcements for 2018/19 from Theatre Passe Muraille in Toronto and Ottawa Little Theatre (autoplay video.)
In Case You Missed It
- Congratulations to the Spring 2018 recipients of Youth Theatre Training Program grants.
- ONstage Openings this week in Sault Ste. Marie, St. Jacobs, Sarnia, and Toronto—and with many more shows now playing in communities across Ontario.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, scholarships, courses, calls for submission, and more.