Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- De-mystify dramaturgy and do it yourself. Join us at our “Approaches to Dramaturgy” workshop with Matt McGeachy on May 29 in Toronto.
- What is marketing? Join us at our “Marketing on a Dime: Promote Your Performance to Your Audience” workshop with Izad Etemadi on May 30 in Toronto.
- We invite youth across the province to apply for our Summer Theatre Intensive Youth Scholarship, sending one youth artist to train at one of our Summer Courses in Stratford free of charge. The application deadline is June 1.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our free “Grant Writing Information Session” pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council on June 5.
- Learn about the background and impetus behind the Intimacy for the Stage initiative at our “What is Intimacy on Stage? An Introduction to Creating a Safe Space” webinar on June 12 (free for Theatre Ontario members.)
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and special guest TBA on June 13 in Toronto.
- We invite newcomers across the province to apply for our Summer Theatre Intensive Parsai Immigration Scholarship, sending two newcomer artists to train at one of our Summer Courses in Stratford free of charge. The application deadline is June 15.
- We invite youth across the province to apply for our Summer Theatre Intensive New Talent Scholarship, aimed at sending a youth artist to train at one of our Summer Courses in Stratford free of charge. The application deadline is June 15.
- Take your training to new heights at our Summer Theatre Intensive courses for performers, directors, teachers, and creators, running August 5 to 10, and August 12 to 17 in Stratford. Register by June 22.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
|Driftwood Theatre's "Shakespeare Fusion" workshop|
Photo by Dahlia Katz
- The SPARC Symposium – Supporting Performing Arts in Rural Communities – opens May 24.
- Deadline to register for Driftwood Theatre’s “ShakespeareFusion” workshop with Jeremy Smith and Ahmed Moneka is May 25 (discount for Theatre Ontario members.)
- Shadowpath Theatre’s “Into the Woods We Write” workshop for writers 14 to 18 is on May 26 in Richmond Hill.
- Deadline for submissions for Nightwood Theatre’s “Write from the Hip” program for emerging women playwrights is May 31.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website