- In the new Intermission series “What I Wish I’d Known”, Graham Isador asks theatre artists what advice they’d give younger versions of themselves. The question is a jumping off point for larger conversations about the artist’s work. The first article featured Michael Healey and the question “If you could tell the theatre school version of yourself the success you’d go on to have in the industry how do you think they’d react?”
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Kempenfelt Community Players in Barrie announced their 19/20 season (FB post).
- Beginning in Winter 2020, The Musical Stage Company will take up residency for one production each year at the historic Winter Garden Theatre in Toronto.
- The cast of Owen Sound Little Theatre’s production of Shorthanded had the opportunity to perform the national anthem before an Ontario Hockey League game between the Owen Sound Attack and the Kitchener Rangers (FB video).
- The Professional Association of Canadian Theatre shared some tips for “Resolving Employee Conflict” for theatre managers.
|Calithumpian Theatre Company's production of Hir by Taylor Mac|
Ingrid Blekys, Zoe Bernard, Rob Deman, Deighton Thomas
Photo by Jackie Noble
- ... to the winners of the Brickenden Awards, including London Community Players and Calithumpian Theatre. The awards honour independent and community theatre in London.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from Next Generation Showcase: Andrew Pritchard of Canadore College describes his “weekend to remember.”
- ONstage Openings this week in Owen Sound, Belleville, Ottawa, Oshawa, Sarnia, Waterloo, Hamilton, London, Elmira, Burlington, and Toronto.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, courses, grant deadlines, calls for submission, volunteer opportunities, and more.