Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Theatre instructors interested in proposing a course for our Summer Theatre Intensive? The deadline for proposals is February 14.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council, available on February 18.
- Have questions related to filing your tax return? Join us at our “Taxes for Theatre Artists” workshop with Sam Marinucci on February 20 at 3pm in Toronto.
- Learn the skills necessary to be a successful and sought-after reviewer, critic, blogger, and writer of theatre—Join us at our “Writing Theatre Reviews that Matter” workshop with Lynn Slotkin on February 25 at 3pm in Toronto.
- Begin to figure out what it means to be your own brand and to share your image with the world online—Join us at our “Social Media for Actors—Instagram and Twitter” workshop on February 27 at 2pm in Toronto.
- Do you need financial support for professional mentorship in your career? Seeking funding for that career-changing/career-accelerating opportunity? The deadline for applications for our Professional Theatre Training Program grants is March 1.
- Does your organization want to undertake an accessible, unique youth training project, led by professional theatre artists? The deadline for applications for our Youth Theatre Training Program grants is March 1.
- What does an agent do and why should you have one? Join us at our “Ask an Agent” workshop with Michael Jackson, Seventh House Talent, on March 4 at 3pm in Toronto.
- Are you stressed about your finances, juggling your bills and watching your debts creep larger and larger? Do your artistic projects make it even harder to stay on top of it all? Join us at our “smART Money: Personal and Project Finances” workshop with Natasha Mytnowych on March 6 at 4pm in Toronto.
- Learn practical exercises designed to get your play on track and get you writing. Join us at “Jump Start Your New Play” workshop with Matt McGeachy on March 11 at 2pm in Toronto.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
|Smiths Falls Community Theatre’s production of The Great|
Kooshog Lake Hollis McCauley Fishing Derby by Norm Foster.
Their "How to Audition" course starts today.
- Smiths Falls Community Theatre’s “How to Audition” course runs today and February 13.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Seed Grants is today.
- Deadline for applications for Laidlaw Foundation’s Indigenous Youth and Community Futures Fund is February 11.
- Michael Kennedy’s “Acting for Film and Television” masterclass runs February 23 in Toronto, with a registration deadline of February 11.
- ArtsBuild Ontario’s “Design for Public Spaces 101: Where Do Creative Spaces Start?” is on February 12.
- Young People’s Theatre is hosting a free community forum on February 13 in Toronto for adult stakeholders in both the education and artistic communities around the production of We Are All Treaty People.
- Deadline for submissions for The Bentway’s Sound and The City artist residency is February 15.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website