Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
|Theatre Ontario's "Taxes for Theatre Artists" workshop|
- Deadline for nominations for our Michael Spence Award for Contribution in the Central Ontario community theatre region is January 31.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Raeburn Ferguson and guest Sabah Haque on February 13 at 3pm in Toronto.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council, available on February 18.
- Have questions related to filing your tax return? Join us at our “Taxes for Theatre Artists” workshop with Sam Marinucci on February 20 at 3pm in Toronto.
- Learn the skills necessary to be a successful and sought-after reviewer, critic, blogger, and writer of theatre—Join us at our “Writing Theatre Reviews that Matter” workshop with Lynn Slotkin on February 25 at 3pm in Toronto.
- Begin to figure out what it means to be your own brand and to share your image with the world online—Join us at our “Social Media for Actors—Instagram and Twitter” workshop on February 27 at 2pm in Toronto.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for submissions from directors, musical directors, choreographers, stage managers, and producers for Theatre Aurora community theatre 2019/2020 season is January 31.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council’s “Theatre Projects” grants is February 1.
- Deadline for applications for ArtReach’s “Youth Arts Projects” grants is February 1.
- Young People’s Theatre’s “Artist Educators Training Part Two: Creating Engagement” course runs February 7 to 8 in Toronto, with a registration deadline of February 1.
- Nightwood Theatre’s Young Innovators invites submissions from female, non-binary or trans creators from all artistic disciplines for their Fem-pocalypse cabaret. Submission deadline is February 1.
- Deadline for submissions from directors for East Side Players community theatre 2019/2020 season in Toronto is February 1.
- 4th Line Theatre in Millbrook is hosting a free community acting workshop and public reading on February 2.
- Smiths Falls Community Theatre’s “How to Audition” course runs February 6 and 13.
- Michael Kennedy’s “Acting for Film and Television” masterclass runs February 23 in Toronto, with a registration deadline of February 6.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Seed Grants is February 6.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website