From Theatre Ontario
- The Theatre Ontario office will be closed beginning Monday, December 24, re-opening on Wednesday, January 2, 2019. We wish everyone a very happy holiday and all the best for 2019!
- With our Next Generation Showcase less than a month away, Bryn Kennedy reminds the participants—and all of us—that “one opportunity or one person will not make or break your career.”
- Generator in Toronto hosted an Urgent Exchange “#MeToo A Year Later” – the full two-hour broadcast was shared on Periscope and is available for viewing.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Sudbury Theatre Centre introduced a hearing loop system, the first theatre in Ontario with this equipment according to the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association.
- Upper Canada Playhouse in Morrisburg announces their 2019 summer season.
- The Theatre Centre in Toronto announced their new Creative Producer Training Program, funded by the Canada Council’s Sector Innovation grant program, and focused on training in touring and building touring networks for producers.
In Case You Missed It
- ONstage Opening this week in London.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including grant deadlines, calls for submissions, community events, and more.
You can also receive news from Theatre Ontario every month by email. Our archives are online and the December issue is now available.