by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
- The federal government is permanently lifting the cap on the Endowment Incentives component of the Canadian Cultural Investment Fund. Shelley Stevenson from the Stratford Festival wrote on the PACT blog about the multi-pronged approach to advocacy in this area.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Gateway Theatre Guild in North Bay is supporting the development of arts in their community through a development bursary towards participation in the city’s ON THE EDGE Fringe Festival.
- The Musical Stage Company announced LAUNCH PAD, a new program that makes a strategic investment in Canadian musical theatre writers and collaborators, offering a 10-month residency for musical theatre composers, lyricists and book-writers to navigate a full developmental process.
- Theatre on the Ridge in Port Perry announced their 2019 summer season.
- Actor Douglas Rain, one of the pioneers of the Stratford Festival, died at 90.
- ... to Sandra Houston, former Theatre Ontario Board Member, who was honoured with the 2018 Community Recognition Award for Performing Arts from the city of Sault Ste. Marie.
- ... to the award recipients and honourable mentions at the Eastern Ontario Drama League One-Act Play Festival. We’ll share the full list when it is available from EODL.
In Case You Missed It
- Deanna Galati reflects on our Youth Advisory Committee’s work in 2018, including Emergence 2.0.
- Congratulations to our Fall 2018 Professional Theatre Training Program grant recipients.
- ONstage Openings this week in London, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Toronto, Port Hope, Cookstown, Midland, Ottawa, Perth, Markham, Richmond Hill, Burlington and touring.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops and more.