Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Learn the techniques and the language to stage human sexuality in a way that is professional, dynamic and focused on storytelling at our “Intimacy for the Stage for Directors” workshop with Siobhan Richardson of Intimacy Directors International on November 24 in Toronto.
- What does an agent do and why should you have one? Join us at our “Ask an Agent” workshop with Michael L. Jackson on November 26 in Toronto.
- Are stress and anxiety sabotaging your career? Join us at our “Act Bravely: Practical Strategies to Conquer Stage Fright” workshop with Jorie Morrow on November 28 in Toronto.
- Deadline for applications for New Faces at our Next Generation Showcase of graduating theatre students is November 30.
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on December 1 in Toronto.
- Preparing an Ontario Arts Council application? Get the inside scoop at our free Grant Writing Information recorded webinar with Pat Bradley, available on December 4.
- The ability of directors and dramaturges to work together to help shape meaningful and entertaining theatre is a crucial part of any production process. Join us at our “Director – Dramaturge Collaborations” workshop on December 5 in Toronto.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundation of Indie Producing” workshop with Raeburn Ferguson on December 12.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for applications for Young People’s Theatre’s “Three Up” program for young writers ages 13 to 17 is today.
- Deadline for applications for volunteer Assistant Directors, Stage Managers, and Lighting Operators for the Alumnae Theatre New Ideas Festival is November 26.
- ArtsBuild Ontario’s “Creative Spaces Projects: A Brainstorming Workshop” with Lucy White is on November 27 in Waterloo.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council’s programs include Market Development Projects (Nov. 30), Indigenous Culture Fund (ICF) Project Grants for Individuals, Groups and Collectives and for Organizations (Dec. 4), the Premier's Awards for Excellence in the Arts (Dec. 4),
- Deadline for submissions for South Simcoe Theatre’s “Four Play: A Showcase of Play Readings” is November 30.
South Simcoe Theatre's "Four Play:
A Showcase of Play Readings"
- Deadline for submissions for nightswimming’s 5x25 commissions is November 30.
- Deadline for applications for Toronto Arts Council’s Animating Toronto Parks grants is December 3.
- Deadline for applications for Great Canadian Theatre Company’s Ontario Arts Council Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators is December 7.
- Deadline for applications for The MT Space’s Ontario Arts Council Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators is December 7.
- Studio PAVAS’ “Lyrical Choreography” workshop with Mitchell Jackson is December 7 in Mississauga.
New on The Bulletin Board
- 4th Line Theatre in Millbrook invites submissions for their Ontario Arts Council Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators, with their funding priorities including promoting and preserving Canadian cultural heritage and history.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website