|VOS Theatre members at the EODL Brunch.|
We shall not identify them out of respect
for their clear and intense desire for privacy.
- VOS Theatre didn’t enter this year’s Eastern Ontario Drama League Festival—but they went to Awards Brunch anyway, and came away with something valuable.
- The RISER Project is a producing model where “senior” producers assist with cash, space, and publicity for new producers—having seen this model advocated in forums like 2amt for years, it’s terrific to see it in practice in Ontario.
- David J. Loehr “kicks the tires” of Meerkat and Periscope to see what these live, instant streaming video apps can do for theatre.
- Sad to hear the news of the death of Sten Eirik, the founder of Guild Festival Theatre in Scarborough and recent director of Living Curiosities at Theatre Erindale.
- … to the finalists for the Ottawa Arts Council Arts Awards, including Janet Irwin—a past President of our Board of Directors—who will be receiving the Victor Tolgesy Arts Award for her forty-year contribution to the development of local theatre and opera artists and a variety of arts organizations in Ottawa.
- … to Mary Jane Boon (Treasurer on our Board of Directors) who was awarded the Best Lighting Design of a Comedy THEA from the Association of Community Theatres—Central Ontario for her design of Almost, Maine at The Curtain Club. Congrats to all of the ACT-CO Festival THEA Award nominees and recipients, with a bashful nod to the Best Director of a Comedy.
- (And we’ll be toasting the EODL Festival award recipients when their webmaster is back in town and the results are up-to-date on their website.)
- It’s National Volunteer Week—and we say thank you to all of our volunteers at Theatre Ontario.
You can also receive news from Theatre Ontario every month by email. Our archives are online and the April issue is now available.