- Unleashing Your Inner Entrepreneur recorded webinar is today: Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company?
- Grant Writing Information Session free recorded webinar is on May 4: Looking for tips and must-dos for preparing an application to the Ontario Arts Council?
- Slaying the Dragon free webinar on deficit management is on May 6.
- Launching Your Career recorded webinar is on May 13: Answers to your FAQs about the business of acting.
- Theatre Ontario Festival opens May 13 in Oshawa, showcasing outstanding community theatre productions, teaching dedicated community theatre artists, celebrating excellence in community theatre, and bringing together theatre lovers from across Ontario.
- Theatre Ontario Annual General Meeting on May 16 in Oshawa.
- Application deadline for secondary / post-secondary students interested in our Education Assistant position is May 20.
- Application deadline for our Community Theatre Coordinator position is May 22.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Upcoming Ontario Culture Days information sessions are in Oakville (today), Whitby (May 5), Milton (May 5) and St. Catharines (May 6).
- The Grand Theatre’s High School Project is holding auditions for backstage positions starting today.
- Deadline for submissions for the On the Edge Fringe Lottery in North Bay is today.
- Deadline for submissions for Native Earth Performing Arts’ Weesageechak Begins to Dance of indigenous performing arts is April 30.
- Deadline for nominations for the Walter Carsen Prize for Excellence in the Performing Arts from the Canada Council is April 30.
- Deadline for applications for the Humber College Puppetry Intensive is May 1.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council grants for Access and Career Development is May 1.
- Deadline for applications for Canada Council grants for Theatre Touring and Special Initiatives Program is May 1.
- Deadline for nominations for the Christopher Plummer Fellowship Award of Excellence from the Shakespeare Globe Centre of Canada is May 1.
- Buddies In Bad Times Theatre invites nominations for their Queer Emerging Artist Award; nomination deadline is May 1.
Paprika Festival's Young Artists.
The Intersection Conference is on May 2.
Photo by Taku Kumabe
- Paprika Festival’s Intersection Conference for a new generation of artists is May 2.
- Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre is holding a dance workshop “Shaking it like Shakespeare” with Caroline McLachlan Darling, teaching 15th and 16th century dance, on May 4.
- Deadline for applications for Culture Days @ The Library in Toronto for artists seeking a venue for a Culture Days activity is May 5.
- The Mississauga Arts Council’s Arts in the Community Conference is May 7.
- VOS Theatre invites applications for their Ruth Harcort Memorial Scholarship for a graduating secondary school student in Northumberland County who has shown dedication to the arts and is pursuing a post-secondary education; the application deadline is May 21.
- Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre will be holding a workshop on sewing and costume building for theatre on May 24.
- The Arts and Letters Club of Toronto Foundation invites submissions for the Robert Beardsley Award for Young Playwrights; the submission deadline is May 29.
- STAF has announced an encore series of their popular “smART money: Personal Finance, Cash Flow and Debt Management for Arts Workers” series with Natasha Mytnowych, beginning June 3.
- The Ottawa Fringe Festival invites submissions from Ottawa-based and national independent theatre companies for “undercurrents: Theatre Below the Mainstream”; deadline is July 31.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members of funding opportunities, workshops, calls for submission, awards, and more—on Theatre Ontario’s Bulletin Board on our website
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access auditions and job postings on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website