|Alastair Forbes and Sophia Fabiilli in the Thousand|
Islands Playhouse production of The Canadian.
Photo by Randy deKleine-Stimpson
- Thousand Islands Playhouse wrapped up their series “From Page to Stage: Creating The Canadian”, first with Part 3 by set and costume designer Anna Treusch about her process for designing the show, and then in Part 4, actor Sophia Fabiilli wrote about her “Top 10 Reasons Why Farce Is Harder Than It Looks.”
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- The Stratford Festival has introduced their 2019 season.
- WorkInCulture is conducting a survey—“MakingItWork”—of Ontario’s creativity community workforce: add your voice to their research.
- Helen Wagenaar is retiring as Administrative Director of Lighthouse Festival Theatre. Congratulations to Nicole Campbell (a member of the Ontario Summer Theatre Executive Committee) who will be taking on the role.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from our Professional Theatre Training Program, featuring training projects in directing, arts management, community-engaged theatre, and artistic direction.
- Stories from our Summer Theatre Intensive: The Art of Stage Combat by Mahlet Tesfu.
- ONstage Openings this week in Picton, Constance Bay, Gananoque, Drayton, and Port Stanley.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, free webinars, grant deadlines, and more.
You can also receive news from Theatre Ontario every month by email. Our archives are online and the August issue is now available.