From Theatre Ontario
- The Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Vera Held has been appointed Interim President of the Board, Ron Dodson has been appointed Interim Vice-President of the Board, and that Farzeen Foda and Carri Johnson have been appointed to the Executive Committee of the Theatre Ontario Board.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- The MT Space in Kitchener is one of the recommender theatres for the Ontario Arts Council’s Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators program. They recently explored the development of one funded projects—Paddy Gillard-Bentley’s Accidental Fish.
- Next week marks the final Ontario Fringe Festival opening of the summer as ON THE EDGE Fringe Festival in North Bay opens on August 14.
- Kelly Nestruck reported in The Globe and Mail that “the civil suits between Soulpepper Theatre Company, Albert Schultz and four actors who alleged the former artistic director of Toronto’s largest not-for-profit theatre company was a “serial sexual predator” have been settled out of court.”
In Case You Missed It
- ONstage Openings this week in Toronto, Millbrook, Penetanguishene, Gananoque, Port Perry, Cambridge, Niagara-on-the-Lake, St. Catharines, Blyth, and Grand Bend.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including free play readings, free recorded webinars, calls for submissions for playwright development, grant deadlines, and more.