|Thousand Islands Playhouse in Gananoque|
- In Part 2 of the Thousand Islands Playhouse blog series “From Page to Stage: Creating the Canadian”, Rob Kempson talks about his role as a director in developing this world premiere production.
- Alicia Richardson shares the story of how she became the Playwright-in-Residence at Driftwood Theatre.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Looking ahead to the next Ontario Fringe Festival as we move north to Fringe North, opening August 9 in Sault Ste. Marie.
- The Ontario Superior Court of Justice ruled that the sections of the Income Tax Act that restricted registered charities political activities to be unconstitutional. Imagine Canada, the national umbrella for the charitable and non-profit sector, described this decision as a golden opportunity to work with the government on modernizing charity law in Canada.
- The Stratford Festival will be making an appearance on the July 31st episode of The Amazing Race Canada—featuring a “dramatic, skill-testing, on-stage challenge” for the competitors.
In Case You Missed It
- “Emerging in the Industry”—a resource for new and emerging artists from our Youth Advisory Committee.
- Applications are now open for our Professional Theatre Training Program.
- ONstage Openings this week in Port Perry, Drayton, Port Stanley, Grand Bend, Penetanguishene, Haliburton, Orillia, Wellington, Ottawa, and Gananoque.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including playwright readings, grant deadlines, courses, theatre labs, and more.