by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
|Theatre Ontario Staff and Members of|
the Youth Advisory Committee on World Theatre Day
- Thanks to everyone who joined us on World Theatre Day. You can catch up with the recording of the Facebook Live broadcast (autoplays), and the snapd photo gallery.
- New data from People for Education show that, despite the widely recognized importance of arts education, equitable access to arts programs and resources is an ongoing challenge for Ontario’s schools. Students in small and rural schools, in schools with higher levels of poverty, and in schools with lower levels of parental education are less likely to have access to learning opportunities in the arts. You can also read media reports from the Toronto Star, Globe and Mail, and the CBC (autoplays).
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Great Canadian Theatre Company in Ottawa announced their 2018/19 season [autoplays]
- ELATE – the Elliot Lake Amateur Theatre Ensemble brought “Twiggy” – the QUONTA Festival trophy – to the City Council in appreciation of their municipal support.
- Independent theatre companies in Hamilton are collectively teaming up to sell their shows as a season.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from Our Professional Theatre Training Program, featuring training projects in artistic direction, directing, designing, and teaching Pure Movement.
- ONstage Openings this week in Newmarket, London, Niagara-on-the-Lake (previews), Guelph, Woodstock, Hamilton, Toronto, Owen Sound, Orangeville, Belleville, Perth, and Ottawa.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, webinars, grant deadlines, and more.