Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
|Theatre Ontario's "Voice Over" workshop with Elley-Ray|
- The deadline for nominations for our 18/19 Board of Directors is today.
- Want to know the secrets of a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on April 28 in Toronto.
- Learn the techniques and the language to stage human sexuality in a way that is professional, dynamic and focused on storytelling. Join us at our “Intimacy for the Stage for Performing Artists” workshop with Siobhan Richardson on April 28 in Toronto.
- Take your training to new heights at our Summer Theatre Intensive courses for performers, directors, teachers, and creators, running August 5 to 10, and August 12 to 17 in Stratford. Early-bird rates available until May 1.
- A picture is worth a thousand words...make your count! Join us at our “Picture Perfect: Your Photos as Promotional Tools” webinar on May 7.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our free “Grant Writing Information Session” pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council on May 8.
- Theatre Ontario Festival 2018 opens on May 16, featuring performances, adjudications, workshops, and celebrations of community theatre. Tickets are still available.
- Our Theatre Ontario Annual General Meeting will be held on May 19 in London.
- Answers to your FAQs about the business of acting. Join us at our “Launching Your Career” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and guest TBA on May 23 in Toronto.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadlines to apply for Ontario Arts Council grants include Théâtre – projets francophones (today) and Northern Arts Projects (May 2).
- Shadowpath Theatre Productions “Into the Woods We Write” for writers 18+ is on April 28.
- Deadline for proposals from emerging artists, designers, urbanists, envionmentalists, and community organizations for The Bentway’s Community Incubation Program in Toronto is April 29.
- Deadline for playwright and director submissions for the Very Useful Theatre Company’s York Region Festival of One-Act Plays is April 30.
- Deadline to apply for Toronto Arts Council’s Newcomer and Refugee Artist Mentorship is May 1.
- Deadline for submissions for Thatz Showbiz Theatre Project’s “3 Plays in 30 Days” in Thornhill for youth is May 1.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Aspiring Canadian Writers invites submissions for their Musical Theatre Play, Act One Critique program from musical theatre writers with scripts for original shows that have not been workshopped or produced.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website