Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
|Theatre Ontario's "Voice Over" workshop with Elley-Ray|
- Have questions related to filing your tax return? Join us at our “Taxes for Theatre Artists” workshop with Sam Marinucci on February 21 in Toronto.
- Learn the techniques and the language to stage human sexuality in a way that is professional, dynamic and focused on storytelling at our “Intimacy for the Stage for Directors” workshop with Siobhan Richardson on February 24 in Toronto.
- Want to know the secrets of a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on February 24 in Toronto.
- Calming the Actor Mind! In this one-on-one 60-minute coaching session you will be taught from a mindfulness counselling perspective how to cultivate our own artistic growth. “Mindful Therapy for Performing Artists” with Jorie Morrow is on February 26 in Toronto.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and special guest TBA on February 28 in Toronto.
- Are you an artist seeking financial support for professional development or a "change of direction" in your career? The deadline for applications for our Professional Theatre Training Program grants is March 1.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” free pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council available on March 6.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Drayton Entertainment is hosting auditions for its Youth Training programs in Penetanguishene (Feb. 10), Grand Bend (Feb. 11), and Cambridge (Feb. 25).
- Deadline for applications for Toronto’s East Side Players’ call for directors for the 2018/19 season (non-paying community theatre) is February 11.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council’s Ontario Arts Presenters Projects grants is February 15.
- Deadline for application for Toronto Irish Players’ call for director of their upcoming production of Dancing at Lughnasa has been extended to February 15.
- Deadline for applications for Great Canadian Theatre Company’s Shannon Reynolds Memorial Endowment Fund Internship (for Canadian artists in the National Capital Region who self-represents as female seeking an internship in any area of design) is February 16.
- Deadline for proposals for Super Crawl 2018 in Hamilton is February 16.
New on The Bulletin Board
- The Paprika Festival in Toronto is holding Paprika Monologue Jams for writers under 30, looking to play with and develop monologue-writing. The next PMJ is on February 27.
- Scarborough Theatre Guild in Toronto invites applications for directors for their 2018-2019 season (non-paying community theatre). The deadline is March 15.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website