Happy World Theatre Day!
We are pleased to welcome Rebecca Ballarin as Interim Program Coordinator through to the end of August 2015. Rebecca is very excited to return to Theatre Ontario in this role and is replacing Erin Keating who is moving on to pursue other opportunities.
- Melissa Hillman points out how indie theatre is ignored and undervalued and how that feeds into “lies we tell about audience engagement”
- How gender parity impacts your theatre being the hub in your community: David J. Loehr reminds you to “change the ratio”
- Steal this idea: “The Cohort Club” from Merrimack Repertory Theatre (via the Geva Theatre Centre) is one of the most authentic attempts at audience engagement I have seen
- All of these are timely ideas when you consider that, as Doug Borwick points out, many arts organizations have a distorted impression of their own engagement effort
- Hamilton arts groups are “poised for a major increase in funding” thanks to the unanimous support of the Hamilton government - with kudos to the Hamilton Arts Council who said it best
- Mariel Marshall – who is training in directing with Ross Manson at Volcano Theatre with a Professional Theatre Training Program grant – has been blogging each week about the production which opened this past week
- Wayne Burns, from our Youth Advisory Committee, was profiled in his hometown Truro Daily News
- Great Canadian Theatre Company unveiled their 2015-2016 with a fun video that gave everyone at GCTC an opportunity to play: