Summer Theatre Intensive on August 11 to 17 in Waterloo – Experience a week away from all distractions and immerse yourself in a unique theatrical learning experience. You will learn new skills, meet passionate theatre people, enrich your theatre capacity, and flex your creative muscle! This year’s courses include:
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Acting with Tom Diamond (7 spaces available)
- Staging the Story: The Why and How of Directing with Maja Ardal (8 spaces available)
- Instant Theatre: The Art of Improvisation with Herbie Barnes (9 spaces available)
- You Got the Part! Audition and Rehearsal Techniques for the Actor with Thom Currie (8 spaces available)
- Where There's a WILL, There's a WAY - A Path to Acting with Shakespeare, Text Study, and Performance with Jack Wetherall (9 spaces available)
And join us at our next Community Theatre Discussion Forum on June 17 at 7pm at Georgetown Little Theatre. These discussions will enable us to share and identify opportunities to partner, and provide services and support such as advocacy, training, resources, and facilitation to our member community theatres.
Join Theatre Ontario for a Summer Employment Experience! Today is the application deadline for our Education Assistant position, assisting our Education Coordinator with the preparation of our annual adult summer theatre courses and to support our membership, marketing and fundraising department. In order to apply, you must be currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation, 15 to 24 years old (up to 29 years old for persons with a disability.) This program is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture, and Sport.
There’s just over two weeks left to the application deadline for the Neil Munro Intern Directors Project at the Shaw Festival. Each season, the Shaw Festival hires two Intern Directors. They look for promising professional directors at a point in their career where an extended residency with a company like the Shaw Festival will be of benefit to their professional development. This program is sponsored by Sun Life Financial and Theatre Ontario.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Directing in the Performing Arts, a symposium and workshop devoted to the Art of the Director begins on June 15; Theatre Ontario members are eligible for the registration discount
- Your Voice And You’s workshop on Received Pronunciation Accent is available on June 15 or June 16
- Submissions deadline for the Gay Play Day for LGBTTQ playwrights is June 15
- Submissions deadline for the Muskoka One Act Play Festival is June 15