We are pleased to announce the latest recipients of training grants through Theatre Ontario’s Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP). We thank all those who applied to the program.
$32,800 was awarded in total among the following 9 recipients:
- Cole Alvis will train in directing with Nina Lee Aquino at Theatre Passe Muraille in Tkarón:to
- Carly Chamberlain will train in artistic direction with Franco Boni at The Theatre Centre in Toronto
- Howard J. Davis will train in directing and designing with Peter Hinton, Beth Kates, Michael Giafrancesco, and Michael Hart at The Grand Theatre in London
- Aaron Jan will train in dramaturgy with Marjorie Chan at Cahoots Theatre in Toronto
- Darwin Lyons will train in directing with Ravi Jain at Why Not Theatre in Toronto
- Harveen Sandhu will train in directing, artistic direction, and producing with John Van Burek at Pleiades Theatre in Ottawa
- Andrea Scott will train in producing with David Auster at the Stratford Festival
- Sara Topham will train in teaching pure movement with Shona Morris at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London UK
- ted witzel will train in artistic direction with Antoni Cimolino at the Stratford Festival
Over $101,000 was requested during this application round. The next application deadline for this program is March 1, 2018.
Our Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP) offers financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor in any theatrical discipline except performance.
This program is funded by the Ontario Arts Council, an agency of the Government of Ontario.