Upcoming opportunities for theatre artists from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Learn necessary skills to produce creative works, in a one-day session! Join us at our “Master Class for Success” creator boot camp featuring workshops on fundraising, project management tools, financial basics, and planning, on November 18 in Toronto.
"Fundraising" with Alicia Rose, part of our Theatre Ontario
"Master Class for Success" Creator Boot Camp
- Learn how to better utilize your networks towards achieving goals. Join us at our “Leveraging Your Network” workshop with Margaret Lam on November 22 in Toronto.
- Be the voice of youth in theatre today – apply to join our 2018 Youth Advisory Committee. The application deadline is November 24.
- Are stress and anxiety sabotaging your career? Join us at our “Act Bravely: Practical Strategies to Conquer Stage Fright” workshop with Jorie Morrow on November 27 in Toronto.
- Learn different approaches to getting your play produced at our “Playwright’s Guide to Getting Produced” workshop with David S. Craig on November 28 in Toronto.
- Need help developing your long-term career goals? Join us at our “Propel Your Professional Career Forward” workshop with Vera N. Held on December 4 in Toronto.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” free pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council available on December 4.
- Do you have a musical theatre or play property that you would like to produce commercially? Join us at our “Making Your Pitch: Selling Your Idea to a Producer” workshop with Aubrey Dan, Frank Scardino, and Peter Lamb on December 12 in Toronto, and the deadline to apply is December 6.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and special guest TBA on December 13 in Toronto.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- GCTC’s next The Hive workshop for students is Musical Theatre is today.
- Deadline for grant applications for the Ontario Arts Council’s “Northern Arts Projects” is November 16.
- Daniela Saioni’s “Am I Covered? The Art of Visual Storytelling for Film and TV” workshop runs November 18 and 19. This workshop may be of interest for theatre artists interested in film-making, or stage managers interested in learning script supervision.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Common Boots Theatre in Toronto invites volunteers to be show ushers as part of their walking winter show The Story. Volunteer deadline is December 3.
- Theatre Aurora invites volunteers for the production team of If/Then, opening January 25, in the roles of costume designer, props master, set construction, and scenic painter.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website