We are pleased to announce the latest recipients of training grants through Theatre Ontario’s Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP). We thank all those who applied to the program.
$41,794 was awarded in total among the following 12 recipients:
- Alessia Accurso will train in video and lighting design with Beth Kates
- Ali Berkok will train in sound design with Debashis Sinha and Verne Good at the Stratford Festival
- Naomi Duvall will train in puppet design, building and manipulation with Brad Brackenridge at the Nervous System in Peterborough
- Jessie Fraser will train in digital communications and archival processes with Adam Barrett at VideoCabaret in Toronto
- Stephanie Graham will train in artistic direction with Mitchell Marcus at Musical Stage Company in Toronto
- Rose Hopkins will train in directing with Marilo Nunez at Theatre Aquarius in Hamilton
- Thomas Marriott will train in artistic direction with Andorlie Hillstrom at Yellow Door Theatre Project in Virgil
- Helen Monroe will train in directing with Richard Rose and Esther Jun at Tarragon Theatre in Toronto
- Andrea Runge will train in directing with Ashlie Corcoran at Thousand Islands Playhouse in Gananoque
- Victoria Stacey will train in directing with Thomas Morgan Jones at Theatre New Brunswick in Fredericton NB
- Sarah Thorpe will train in directing with Alan Dilworth at Soup Can Theatre in Toronto
- Kelly Wolf will train in creation/dramaturgy with Richard Greenblatt at Tapesty Opera in Toronto
Over $145,000 was requested during this application round. The next application deadline for this program is October 2, 2017.
Our Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP) offers financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor in any theatrical discipline except performance.
This program is funded by the Ontario Arts Council, an agency of the Government of Ontario.