Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- The ability of directors and dramaturges to work together to help shape meaningful and entertaining theatre is a crucial part of any production process. Learn more at our “Director-Dramaturge Collaborations” workshop with Matt McGeachy on April 24 in Toronto.
- Need help developing your long-term career goals? Join us at our “Propel Your Professional Career Forward” workshop with Vera N. Held on April 29 in Toronto.
- Summer Theatre Intensive 2017 – Bigger and Better Than Ever – in partnership with Off the Wall Stratford Artists Alliance features week-long courses starting August 6 and August 13 for performers, directors, and playwrights. Early-bird rate registration deadline is May 1.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our Grant Writing Information Session pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley available on May 9.
- Theatre Ontario Festival 2017 opens on May 17 in Ottawa—featuring performances, adjudications, playwright readings, workshops, and celebrations of community theatre.
- Learn how Google Analytics can help grow your business. Camp Tech’s most popular workshops and Intermediate Google Analytics (May 23) and Intro to Google Analytics (Jun 14) can tell you how your audience is finding you, which content is getting viewed most often and help you configure simple goals for your website. Other upcoming workshops at Camp Tech are: Writing Killer Web Content (Apr 20); Social Media Basics (Apr 27 and Jun 6); Digital Marketing on a Shoestring Budget (May 3); Facebook Ads: Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck (May 4); Wordpress for Beginners (May 7); and Social Media Advanced (May 16). Learn more about Theatre Ontario member discounts at CampTech through our partnership with the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- The Toronto S.M. Arts Conference opens on April 20.
- Earlybird deadline for Theatre Ontario member registration rates for the Canadian Arts Marketing, Development and Ticketing Conference is April 21.
- Young People’s Theatre is hosting a free training social for post-secondary theatre students on April 24.
- Deadline for nominations for PACT’s Mallory Gilbert Leadership Award is April 28.
New on The Bulletin Board
- The NAGs Players community theatre seek a director for their November production—submission deadline is May 15.
- Paprika Festival, in partnership with Native Earth Performing Arts, is hosting The Intersection: Safer/Braver Spaces on May 20,
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website