- Proposal Writing with Wanda Nanibush on February 19 at 6:30pm in Toronto – For individuals and theatre organizations applying for funding and sponsorships to learn to write proposals that place readers in a position where they have an overwhelming desire to fund, promote or collaborate with you.
- Grant Writing Information Session for Playwrights and Theatre Artists with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council on February 27 at 6:30pm in Thunder Bay - Share information, perspective, and tips about project grants, particularly the OAC’s three professional theatre project programs—Theatre Projects, Playwright Residency, and Theatre Creators’ Reserve.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- The application deadline for SubDevision 2013 at the Magnetic North Theatre Festival is February 8. SubDevision will feature Ontario artists with site-specific, innovative, boundary-pushing work.
- The Rhubarb Festival at Buddies In Bad Times needs volunteers; the mandatory orientation session is February 13.
- b current needs box office and front-of-house volunteers for afterRock - deadline is February 14.
- Theatre Passe Muraille invites applications for two programs - the Elephants In The Room Creation Group for artists who self-identify as emerging interested in working as part of a collective, and the Pitch Andy sessions for artists interested in making a pitch to TPM's Artistic Director who have something to say beyond “please produce my show.” Deadline for both programs is February 18.
- Playwrights Guild of Canada is holding a workshop for artists with a successful Fringe show interested in creating a future for the production: Next Steps with Gideon Arthurs is on February 25.
- The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres is now inviting nominations for the Mallory Gilbert Leadership Award. The nomination deadline is March 22.
- Humber College is holding a puppetry intensive for artists and teachers who have previous experience in theatre performance, theatre production, visual arts, dance, design, and/or writing, starting June 3.