Friday 18 November 2011

7 Days In Ontario Theatre

Conversations
  • I was introduced to two very imaginative online theatre marketing campaigns this week: Ride The Cyclone: The Video Game! (h/t to Praxis Theatre) and Canadian Stage’s experiencered.ca
  • When I first came up with a strategy for our blog at Theatre Ontario, I thought I had come up with an idea that was original and awesome.  Then I discovered the innovative and thoughtful folks at www.2amtheatre.com were already doing what I had planned.  One of my favourite features was what they call “Follow Friday” which captures some of the best online discussions from the past week.  Well, it’s back.
  • “Theater Beyond Twitter: A Discussion Between Peter Marks and Howard Sherman” is being live-streamed on Saturday, November 19 – based on their lively discussions leading up to it, it should be a worthwhile listen.  For me this highlights what Twitter does best: starts good conversations, and opens the door to better conversations—the ones in-person.
From The Wire
  • Congrats to our suite-mates at the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts on their annual Arts Day at The City, meeting with 25 City Councillors on Monday, November 14.
TO Toasts
Remember, you can also receive our news every month by email.  Our archives are online and the November issue is now available.

Assembled by Brandon Moore, Communications Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment