- It was sad to hear the news of the passing of Jake Mackan of Gore Bay – many of our Festival regulars will remember Jake’s award-winning performance in 2007 in Kiss The Moon, Kiss The Sun
- Two of the playwrights in Grassroots – the anthology of plays that premiered at Ontario community theatres – were profiled in their local media (and are available online): meet Kristin Shepherd of North Bay and Michael Fay of Minden
- Postal strike contingency announcements from the Ontario Arts Council and the Canada Council for the Arts
Highlights From The Bulletin Board
- On Sunday, June 5, Puppetmongers Theatre is holding “Fresh Ideas In Puppetry”, a one-day “conference, festival and good time”
- The Toronto Public Library (TPL), the Neighbourhood Arts Network and Culture Days are pleased to announce an exciting partnership called Culture Days @ The Library to help artists and arts organizations to share their creative work with the public. The Toronto Public Library is offering free venues to Toronto-based artists and arts organizations wishing to be part of Culture Days. Application deadline is June 10.
- Deadline for the Siminovitch Prize in Theatre (for playwrights) is also June 10
- The Harbourfront Centre is currently seeking proposals from Toronto-area artists and companies working in the field of performance for the HATCH 2012 series with guest curator, Jess Dobkin. Application deadline is June 20.
- On July 23-24, the Shaw Festival will be holding The Speed Of Ideas—A Theatrical Forum to celebrate the 50th anniversary season of the Festival and debate the core of the Shaw mandate: “the necessity of provocative ideas” The event will feature Tony Kushner, Michael Billington, Suzan-Lori Parks, plus panels involving national and international directors, playwrights and actors
Check out all the latest postings of workshops, classified ads, recognition opportunities and more from Theatre Ontario’s Bulletin Board
Assembled by Brandon Moore, Communications Coordinator