The session will answer questions such as:
- What does an agent do and why you should have one?
- How do you go about looking for an agent? What sort of materials will you be expected to have with you and will you be asked to audition?
- When meeting with agents, what should you look for?
- What can you do as a performer to keep your relationship with your agent on track and aiming towards your business goals?
- If you ever have to leave an agent what is the best way of going about that?
- Is it best to join one of the two unions right away or stay non-union while gaining experience?
- What can you expect to get out of this profession? What to expect if you achieve success as an actor?
Read more about Alicia Jeffrey and Theatre Ontario’s “Ask an Agent” information session, on the Theatre Ontario website